Photographer's Perspective: Behind the scenes of Cowboy's camp coverage
Everyday on CHANNEL 5 NEWS, you get to see our polished stories.
But sometimes getting what we need can be a challenge. As chief photographer Mark Vecchio explains, that applies even at Cowboys camp.
Last week, Sports Director Alex Del Barrio and I got to go on a plane to Oxnard, California to cover the Cowboys training camp.
- Dallas Cowboys training camp begins
- Dallas Cowboys training camp - Day One
- Dallas Cowboys training camp - Day Two
- Dallas Cowboys training camp - Day Three
- Dallas Cowboys training camp - Day Four
- Camping with the Cowboys - Day Seven
Now that would've been fun, but we were there to work hard and bring you complete Cowboy coverage.
While we were there, we faced a few challenges: One of which being we couldn't shoot any player interviews. All I could shoot was B-roll; all player interviews were sent to us by the Dallas Cowboys themselves.
Another challenge I faced was dealing with the cooler California weather and focusing on the job when I'm within a few feet of superstars.
Watch the video above for the full story.