Sports Anchor/MMJ (Somos)
Posted Jan. 6 2020 4:21PM
SOMOS NOTICIAS The only full-time Independent Spanish language news station in the Rio Grande Valley of south Texas is looking for a Spanish language Sports Anchor/MSJ for our daily Monday- Friday Spanish language sports segments who understands that sports audiences exist on all platforms. We are looking for someone with a passion for sports, who can create unique and shareable stories in Spanish for all platforms through memorable writing, video and editing.
Somos Noticias is a full service 24/7 TV and digital independent Spanish language news operation, part of KRGV-TV Channel 5 News, the local ABC affiliate which is the #1 rated and largest news operation in South Texas.
We are looking for someone who isn’t just regurgitating highlights, we want perspectives, analysis and points of view on all things sports, especially when it comes to Mexico’s Liga Mx as well as world soccer along with local high school and college sports.
Our ideal candidate can tell stories in Spanish in a unique way to capture the attention of the audience. We’re seeking an independent, innovative storyteller who can shoot, write, edit, report, anchor and produce memorable content across all platforms.
In This Role, You Will:
- • Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit for TV, website, apps, Twitter, Facebook and other platforms.
- • Produce sports content in Spanish that stands out from the norm including commentaries and opinions.
- • Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner for the 10th largest Spanish language market in the U.S
- • Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
- • Develop original local sports content through social listening and independent sources.
- • Develop sources and build relationships with players and coaches that allow you to break stories and create enterprise content
- • Have a strong, active social media presence en español
- • Own sports news across all platforms, collaborating with TV producers and digital editors, including Facebook Lives, digital articles, video packages.
- • Flexibility to cover dayparts that tie topically to sport events, including weekends
- • Perform other tasks as required by News Director
Here are the job requirements:
- • Fluent in writing and speaking Spanish
- • BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- • 1-2 years of experience preferred
- • Experience in photojournalism, editing, and social media platforms
- • A portfolio with examples of sports reporting and anchoring
- • Ability to generate creative, engaging, content, both live and recorded in Spanish
- • Strong social media skills, including an active presence on Twitter and Facebook
- • Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and graphics a plus
- • Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- • Ability to calmly handle live, breaking sports news situations and changing events
KRGV-TV does not discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. The Federal Communications Commission specifically prohibits discriminatory employment practices.
Informing you and your organization of the above employment opportunity is an affirmative action on our part to actively seek qualified minorities and women for our staff vacancies. Through your assistance, we want to ensure that our employment opportunities are made known to members of minority groups and to women.
KRGV-TV is a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
If you know of any person(s) who might be qualified for the above vacancy, please send a resume to Tammy Meier, Personnel Manager, KRGV-TV, P.O. Box 5, Weslaco, Texas 78599; or e-mail to email@example.com.