News Reporter (Bilingual)
Posted: May 13, 2018 12:12 PM
KRGV-TV, the ABC Affiliate in the McAllen- Harlingen- Brownsville, Texas market, is looking for an experienced Bilingual News Reporter. We will consider the right beginner. The successful candidate will be someone who has the ability to develop contacts and online sources to get a story that is uniquely yours. You must be able to dig, to look beyond the obvious to find a story.
- This individual should be able to understand a story from its inception, to research the subject matter, identify the key characters and put the story together.
- Must be able to work as a partner with our outstanding photography staff.
- Develop sources to find unique, non-traditional and exclusive story ideas for all platforms.
- Develop unique contacts and continuously cultivate them.
- Pitch your own story ideas. You have to bring it.
- Be a reporter unafraid to stand apart… not worry about being different or having a different style.
- Perform other tasks as required by newsroom management.
- BA/BS in Journalism, Communications or related field
- Bilingual, (English & Spanish)
- Online link to your work
- Knowledge of ENPS and Edius, a plus.
- Data miner a plus.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
KRGV (ABC) is located in the warm and beautiful Rio Grande Valley of South Texas. (Harlingen – Weslaco – Brownsville – McAllen, Texas DMA #78) Privately owned by the Manship family since 1964, KRGV offers its employees excellent benefits and use of state-of-the-art technologies. Channel 5 News is a hard news brand that drives market leading ratings in a fast growing area with significant breaking news.
KRGV-TV does not discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. The Federal Communications Commission specifically prohibits discriminatory employment practices.
Informing you and your organization of the above employment opportunity is an affirmative action on our part to actively seek qualified minorities and women for our staff vacancies. Through your assistance, we want to ensure that our employment opportunities are made known to members of minority groups and to women.
KRGV-TV is a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
If you know of any person(s) who might be qualified for the above vacancy, please send a cover letter and resume to Tammy Meier, Personnel Manager, KRGV-TV, P.O. Box 5, Weslaco, Texas 78599; or e-mail to email@example.com.